"Girl" Chapter Two "Useless Certificate" | Reem Noobo

by - Friday, May 29, 2015


After I had left the garden, I went to my mum's room to comfort her a bit. "I hope that you're no longer upset." I said in a low voice. "They never listen. Why do mum need to be so stubborn?" "Emilia will never be safe as Jim's secretary we all know this! She can find a job anywhere else.". "I know what you mean. I tried to stop them but they never listened. Emilia is so stuck up. Oh my goodness!". "I'll be such an irresponsible mother if I let Emilia be Jim's secretary. I can't let that happen. Jim is just so untrustworthy.". "I don't think we could do anything about it." I sighed. "Anyways. Why haven't you gone to work this morning? Is everything okay?" She got slightly worried. "No no! Everything is fine. My boss called today and told me that there wasn't much I could do this morning so he told me to go by the afternoon.". "Oh okay then." My words clearly relieved mum. "I have to get ready for work. Lisa says that the restaurant is so crowded today because there's a wedding and we have to work the entire day to both serve the regular customers and prepare some meals for the wedding. Don't expect to see me on dinner tonight." She said while putting her shoes on. "I know you can do it." I said sarcastically. My mum replied with a smile and I left her room to find Emilia in mine. "Oh! Emilia, I didn't know you were here.". "Apparently, I am." She replied coldly while rolling her eyes then she carried on "What about a visit to the theatre?". "I'm so sorry but I have to be at work in an hour.". "Listen, I didn't mean what I said in the garden. So, you don't have to play hard to get." She said while rolling her eyes again. "I'm not "playing hard to get" I actually should be getting ready for work now." She's starting getting on my nerves already. "How rude! One should never say no to a chill day with me. But what can I say, you've always been a snob!" She turned to the door and slammed it behind her as she left. " "How rude???" God give me PATIENCE." I started humming while looking for something to wear "Why does everything look the same. I swear, I'm so boring." "What is this supposed to be?!" I said as I was browsing my clothes and my complaints kept going on and on. I was so wrong when I thought my morning couldn't get any worse when I dropped my certificate. I held it up and looked at it. "I think Emilia was quite right when she said that you're useless." I said to my certificate. " All the long nights and sticking my nose in the books was just to be a silly clerk in a tiny toyshop." I gave a long exhale and put my certificate away.
****END OF CHAPTER TWO****
In order to keep up with the story click on "Girl" to see all the chapters.
The cover is by : Mayar El-Shahat
Writer :

You May Also Like

0 comments

.

.