I Tried The "Oh She Glows" Vegan Veggie Burgers and here's the result.

by - Thursday, June 04, 2015

 If you have been following me for quite sometime now then you may already know that I'm vegan. Burgers weren't really my thing back then when I still ate meat but I became so curious to try veggie burgers after I had watched Naiomi Smart's "What I eat in a day" video because she featured viggie burgers which made my mouth water. I looked up for a suitable recipe and I didn't want to use hardcore appliances because I'm a type of person who doesn't like to use any type of electronic stuff unless they're highly needed. Weird I know. So, I found a suitable recipe on "Oh She Glows" blog for completely vegan viggie burgers (No eggs added) and I got more than intrigued to try them.

Here's the recipe. I followed it step by step except that I didn't use sunflower seeds (because who the hell has sunflower seeds??? maybe a fairy does.) , replaced flax seeds with wheat germ and replaced the (oats processed into flour) with normal flour because as I mentioned above I don't like to use electric stuff especially in the kitchen. I also didn't use oregano. I then mixed everything in a big bowl..



I then pressed them into perfectly shaped patties. I was surprised at how well the whole mixture held together. I honestly didn't expect that. I seasoned and tasted the mixture. It was sooo rich and full of flavour.








I preheated the oven and left them inside it for maybe thirty minutes each side. Here's how they looked like when I took them out of the oven.







annnd a meal can't be a meal without having everyone on instagram celebrate with you
!




This gave me the courage to try out different recipes and share them with you guys. Please let me know if you have ever tried viggie burgers before.
Thanks for reading Xox

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. They look really tasty, especially once cooked. I love all the colors. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D they tasted AMAZING as well

      Delete
  2. Hehe sunflower seeds are actually pretty easy to find in Malaysia. We usually have them for snack. :D Anyway, this sounds great, I'm not a vegan but I can't wait to make this! ;D Sometimes, I mix smashed sweet potatoes, chickpeas, onions, and scallion and few spices to make burger patties.

    ieyra | babysoulz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your recipe sounds YUMMY. I looked "sunflower seeds" up and found that we also have them in Egypt as like a TV snack but it's called "Leb" here XD I didn't know that I was eating sunflower seeds all this time ..

      Delete
  3. These look AMAZING! They reminds me of my tuna patties and it's making me hungry!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely going to make them again soon *_*

      Delete

.

.