Girls' Chat ♥1 How To Deal With Social Media Depression, Jealousy & Comparison

by - Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Have you ever just sat there in front of your laptop/phone's screen depressed and feeling like crap? comparing your life to others' and feeling like "What am I doing with my life???"? You're not alone, we've all been there. It's the most depressing thing ever but we're not  going to keep this going. We need to stop this because we're worth it and we need to get back on track and be ourselves again. So, today I'll be sharing with you how to get out of this cycle of watching> comparing> Jealousy> Depression and how to stop it from ever bringing you down.

Know that YOU matter.

For real, in this huge world you DO matter to someone. I'm sure that there's at least one person who needs you in their life because you influence them in a way. Even if they don't know you personally, you still can influence them in someway. We're here on this planet for a purpose and therefore, we ALL matter.

Stop holding yourself back.

Seriously, do what makes you happy. Start practicing your hobby or just something that you like to do. Go back to your passion that you forgot about because you're busy comparing yourself to other people. Go back to what makes you happy and worthy. To me, it's blogging and filming. Find your passion and start working on yourself instead of wasting your energy being jealous or depressed.

Unplug

How hard does this sound to you? I know it's so hard to unplug anything and everything that can lead you to social media BUT it's sooo worth it in the end. Trust me.

Go outside

Go see the sun, the trees and maybe the sea. What is stopping you? You're going to feel WAY better once you unplug and go outside to smell fresh air.

Your path is different than their path

Start doing your thing and stop the jealousy. One quote that I like so much says "
Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20 "
You might even be in a completely different story than that "Someone else". You're different and that is a good
 thing. Focus on yourself and build it instead of focusing on someone else's.

Trust me, these tips do work and I was there one day but now I feel so much better
 because now I know that I matter and that I'm different and I totally accept it. You should too.

Art work above is by my sister, Mayar:

Her Blog
Her Store



You May Also Like

2 comments

.

.