Summer Survival Guide : How I prepare for summer.

by - Tuesday, July 14, 2015

 I don't like summer. Seriously, what's up with the heat? Why's the sun so angry and wants to burn everyone in sight? This is summer to me. An evil season that I can't wait for it to pass. But nobody can deny that summer is unique and gives us the chance to do things that we can't do in any other season.  Today, I am sharing with you some ideas on how to survive summer (If you're anti-summer like myself) and also how I prepare for it.


Every season to me means something when it comes to makeup. For example, Autumn means berry lips and summer means bright hot pink tones with rosy cheeks and lots of mascara. You can either go wild or go for the rosy nude natural look OR why not both?



Same goes for nail polish. Wild colourful neon colours are so pretty for summer. Who can beat bright orange or pastel nails? I personally try to cheer myself up by painting my nails in a nice pink bright nail polish or maybe treat myself to a quick manicure or nail art ;) It's hard to give up dark colours but trust me it's worth it in the end.



In summer, I like to declutter my closet. Remove all my coats,  jumpers and knit scarves (Sadly) and replace them with colourful light shirts and light scarves with a playful summer pattern. Not to mention the sandals and fringe bags.


What's better than morning smoothies and a nice summer fruit salad? I know you already missed pumpkin pies but hey, you have watermelon so your argument is invalid.


Nothing beats a trip to the beach with family and friends. Or even by yourself. A walk on the beach or just enjoying ice cream with your friends is priceless. I'm currently planning a trip with my family so I'll let you know how this goes.


I recently heard of this company called Madison Reed. They are an at home hair care company that has created a healthier dye and I thought you might be interested in dying your hair some bright and fun colour for summer so  check out their hair dye advisor page to take a quiz to see what colour is best for you! 


I hope you enjoyed my tips and let me know in the comments whether or not you're a summer person, why? And why not?


You May Also Like

0 comments

.

.