Dubai mall makeup & Skincare Haul + catching up | Reema

by - October 08, 2019


Hi! I missed writing on this blog. I have been stuck in the endless loop of studying in pharmacy school that I have nearly no time for the extra bits like making videos, editing them or even blogging. Even if I have a bit of time I probably spend it recovering from studying all the time.

But because I love blogging (I mean, I've been blogging since 2014) I'm starting to make some room in my day for taking pictures for my blog, editing them and, hopefully, actually writing and publishing them. I'm also trying to get back on track with my Youtube channel and trying to be more present on youtube and my blog too.

I'm currently in the fourth year of Pharmacy school so I only have less than two years of uni left! It's important to me to keep up with my blog and youtube but I'm also keen on excelling at uni, you know?

basically
I have also recently developed a habit of watching everything in the X2 speed. Yeah, to save time but the problem is that I'm stuck and can't seem to break that habit...

That was just a lil catch up moment, let's get into the haul!


My sister had recently been to Dubai and guess what? she definitely didn't miss the chance to pay a visit to the one and only Dubai mall.  

Your girl asked her to get me some makeup and skincare with her and here's what I got (& have been using)...

MAKEUP



I got this brush set that I have been meaning to get for a long time. It just saves you a lot of time to have a well-aligned set of 90% of your most frequently used brushes.

It didn't come without a package obviously but I already threw that away and used it a few times. I use the one to the far left for blush every morning but the rest are yet to be used. Again, I have only been going to uni so I don't go out with full eye makeup etc.



Here's the blush I mentioned above, I always use the first and third colours together just to get the right undertone/colour for my complexion. You know how much I like to make my makeup look as natural as possible.



Can I just say that this has to be the most perfect bronzer that I've used so far? Beautiful formula and shade. I have yet to actually wear it oustside, though. I'm saving it for the wintertime because, um, the Egyptian sun during the summer has left me bronzed left right and centre so, I would say I'm sorted in that department...




Speaking of beautiful formulas and shades, this eyeshadow palette speaks to my soul with the warm tones and mattes. I mean, it literally has every colour I need atm plus it's very well pigmented...





At this point, I'm impressed by sister's ability to guess exactly what lip colour I'd want and that, everyone, is the benefit of going makeup shopping with your sister.

You already know how much I love plum shades so this set is perfect especially for this time of year. Can't wait for Autumn to actually come around [in Egypt!!]

It reminds me of the Kylie lip kits, a lip pencil and a matte liquid lipstick. 
It came in a cardboard packaging which I completely torn apart so, I guess you can't see it now...



I also got a makeup setting spray which I haven't used at all. TBH, I don't ever use a makeup setting spray because my skin likes to act up all the time so I try to stick to a limited range of products (yeah, I'm actually pretty anxious to use anything new on my skin because..acne :))

However, I think it'll definitely come in handy when I have an event or when I need to keep the makeup I worked hard on to last all day/night long (you know, the actual function of a makeup setting spray) but for now, I don't think I'll use it for my mascara, eyeliner and blush everyday makeup routine. The risk of a lovely acne breakout, it's just not worth it...

SKINCARE

Let's switch to skincare for a bit,



 


How Adorable are these tiny lipbalms?! I spend more time admiring their packaging and scent more than I spend time actually using them. They're clear btw and they smell AMAZING!
but they're tiny so it's a bummer...




Bath & Body works has released a new collection of lotions and I got three of them with three different scents (all of them smell absolutely lovely). The Japanese cherry blossom scent is exceptional, though. I'm thinking I should maybe give them some spotlight and write a full review on them so let me know if you'd like to see that.

[I'm not sure if my sister picked these up at Dubai mall or somewhere else in Dubai but either way, I absolutely love them!]

That's about it! I've already been using 90% of the products mentioned above and I do recommend them so maybe next time you're around Dubai mall you should take a look at these.

- reema

Related Posts

2 comments

  1. Hi Reema! I am fond of reading your blogs. They are simply amazing. I am traveling to Dubai next month on Business Dubai Visa from UK. I would surely get this pack of Makeup & Skincare haul from Dubai Mall for myself. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

.