My Self Care Routine (Me Time) - ideas and inspiration

by - October 19, 2020

Artist: @zeina_talha

If you read my blog or even watch my videos long enough, then you probably got the memo of how much I value self-care and making some time for myself. I try to make it a regular habit, but we all know how busy we can get sometimes, so I decided to make a once-a-week self-care routine to recharge and face the week ahead in good shape, both physically and mentally.

I put together this routine by doing what usually feels most helpful to my body, and today happens to be my self-care day of the week. So here's exactly what I did today to reset:

  • I slept as much as I wanted to (today's off).

  • I had a varied and satisfying healthy breakfast that actually nourishes my body while also tasting good.

  • I drank as much water as I could, ate some fruit, and made herbal tea (I love it).

  • I worked out at home to a YouTube video and challenged myself to finish the entire set of cardio exercises, even though cardio is not my strong point (I ended up doing the set twice!).

  • I prepared an elaborate moisturising hair mask:

    1 cup full-fat yogurt + 1 whole egg + 1 tbsp honey all mixed in a cup until I got a smooth conditioner-like consistency. 

    I set it aside while I was washing my hair with warm water to prepare it for the mask and to get rid of any product build-up.

    I then evenly distributed the mixture in my hair and put it up in a bun.

  • I prepared a face mask for acne:

    1 tbsp honey + 1 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp coffee

  • I left the mask on for half an hour and did some reading while both masks were on.

  • I took a nice warm shower and styled my hair.

  • I picked out some cute yet comfy clothes to wear after the shower.

  • I had some nice dinner and made myself a little homemade treat of honey and peanut butter (it's simple but delicious!).

  • I took some time before bed to watch my favourite show and unwind before setting my alarm for work the next day.



And that's about it! This is usually how I catch up on some me-time before the hectic work/ study week sets off. But I know that self-care can mean different things to different people, so let me know how your self-care routine looks like down in the comments. Remember to take care of your body, it's the one place you get to live in forever...

Do you want more ideas and inspiration to make your own self-care routine? Check out these posts:








Related Posts

0 comments

.