I Used Fenugreek On My Hair & Face And This Is What Happened | Reem

by - January 28, 2017



Hello everyone! I'm back with a new rather experimental post. It feels so good to be back after finals and all that stress but we will discuss that later. Now, I'm pretty sure you've heard of Farahdhukai before and if you haven't then you're probably not on instagram because she's a beautiful lady that is well known for her quick insta beauty remedies which include facial masks, hair masks etc. I usually come across her videos on instagram and watch them for no reason to be honest I just like watching the end result I guess *shrugs*. I've never tried her remedies mainly because I don't have the ingredients/tools needed and I can't be bothered to go out and buy them. But one day, and for some reason, my mum brought home some fenugreek seeds and that sparked something in my head instantly. I remembered a video I watched a while back of Farah using the seeds for her hair as well as skin so I quickly wanted to try it to see for myself if it works.


The first thing that I did was boiling it in a pot and let it there for about 30 minutes.



After this I separated the seeds and the water because I'll be using the stock later on.





I used a pestle to grind the seeds as it was late at night and I didn't want to wake everyone up by using a blender or whatever.

I then used the paste on my face as a mask. It wasn't as thick as it was in Farah's video but it did dry up after a couple of minutes. It was stingy and almost had a burning effect. I have to say I was so eager to wash it off because it was quite irritating. It made my skin a bit red but nothing too dramatic. I would recommend using a bit on the back of your hand to see if it's too harsh to use on the face. I didn't notice any difference other than mild redness so I'd say the facial wasn't for me.



As for the stock, I used it on my entire hair and slept with it on. The next day I washed my hair and it was remarkably shinier than usual and pretty smooth. My sister also tried it and reported the same results.

So here you go, this was my experience. Let me know if you have tried this and also let me know any other effective beauty remedies in the comments below.
[ BTW, drinking fenugreek is very beneficial as well  ]

Love you loads,
take care <3

Related Posts

1 comments

.