Douglas Mindful Collection Bath Gift Set & Sweet Winter Pure Wellness Set Review

by - February 07, 2024

Douglas Mindful Collection Bath Gift Set & Sweet Winter Pure Wellness Set Review
Hello everyone 🎀
 With the holiday season coming to an end, I thought I'd share my thoughts on this holiday gift set from Douglas.



Last year, I received these bath gift sets. I was really flattered by their beautiful packaging and adorable illustrations. Right away, I was happy to receive such a beautiful gift set with intricate details and decorative packaging (I was already planning to display them on my vanity when I received the gift). They helped bring a festive vibe to my room throughout the holiday season without any effort on my part, especially the "Sweet Winter Pure Wellness" gift set.

These are two sets sold separately:


1. Douglas Mindful Collection Bath Gift Set



This gift set includes:
  • Happy holidays hand cream, 110 ml
  • Mindful collection body lotion, 100 ml
  • Mindful collection shower gel, 100 ml
  • Sisal sponge, 1 pc.



I've almost gone through each product in this set, the fastest being the hand cream. The hand cream was my favorite product and I went through it in no time because of how convenient it is to carry around in a handbag and how pretty it is to keep on your desk while you work (you can see me using it in my recent study with me video).



Next comes the body lotion; I liked the consistency, not too thick nor runny. However, the bottle makes it hard to reach the lotion at the very bottom; I still have some of it lingering in the bottle as I'm writing this. It does the job nicely and leaves my body moisturized and smelling amazing. The entire set pretty much shares the same scent, "Shower gel, body lotion and hand cream smell unforgettable of myrrh and oak," which I thought was particularly special and comforting. Even though I liked the lotion, I wouldn't use it on my whole body because when I did that and put on my usual winter clothes, it clogged my pores and formed some comedones, so I just kept using it on my arms and hands.



The shower gel was a bit "meh." I found it inconvenient because it wouldn't lather up as I wanted it and I needed a lot more product than I usually do to get the effect I wanted. I also felt that it left some residue after rinsing. I stopped using it for these reasons, especially since the scent didn't stay long enough.

Lastly, the sponge felt too harsh to even try out, so I didn't use it at all. And this is coming from an avid authentic Moroccan loofah user.


2. Sweet Winter Pure Wellness Set


This set was particularly beautiful and came in handy as a storage box for my beauty products later. The detailing on the box was also really impressive and some of the illustrations would shine when I moved the box towards light. It's still hard to decide which one is the prettier gift!



"A luxury gift set from the Sweet Winter collection in a large, round, sturdy gift box. All products with a very pleasant aroma of cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar." For "All skin types."



This gift set includes:

  • Sweet Winter Shower Milk shower gel, 200 ml
  • Sweet Winter Body Lotion, 240 ml
  • Sweet Winter Bubble Bath bath foam, 180 ml
  • Sweet Winter Bath Salt, 200 g
  • Loofah, 1 pc.


This set's scent topped the first one's. They were both very memorable and unique, though I liked this set's sweet scent a lot more. I wouldn't call the scent, "cookies sprinkled with powdered sugar," but it sure is unique and lovely!


My favorite product was the lotion for its mesmerizing scent. It had the same consistency as the lotion in the previous set but with a different, sweeter scent. I used it up first and then went through the shower milk. I would use the shower milk at the end of each shower for some extra moisture but didn't use it throughout because I felt it wasn't enough. I stopped using it shortly after because of the residue it left, which would clog my pores.


I didn't feel any difference after using the bath salt, but the bubble bath sure was fun to try. It would leave my skin smelling nice but the scent would quickly go away if not locked with the lotion, which I wouldn't use on my entire body to avoid body acne. Even though the loofah looked lovely, I didn't keep using it because of how soft it was. I quickly returned to my Moroccan shower glove.


Overall, these sets made for an adorable gift. Even though I didn't use all the products, most of them were special with unique scents and decorative packaging that kept my vanity and bathroom looking cute for the holiday season.

Read more
Stay updated by following this blog's Instagram!







Related Posts

0 comments

.