Sebamed Balsam Deodorant for Sensitive Skin - Review

by - September 19, 2021


Hello everyone 💕
I have a new review for you today

I've recently made the decision to start using more deodorant and less antiperspirant (click here to know the difference). So, I kept searching for a good deodorant to start with and I came across the Sebamed Balsam Deodorant through my sister who has been an avid user of many Sebamed products. What made me interested, too, was the lable on all their products that says PH 5.5 which is the normal skin PH. So, they shouldn't cause any skin irritation, at least from this aspect. Not only that, but it says that there are no Aluminium salts in this particular product, which was what finally reeled me in to give it a go. I have been using this deodorant for over 3 months now and I have a few things to say about it...
Get the product on Amazon here.


Deodorants, in general, are meant to impart a lovely smell to cover up any other unwanted body odour produced by naturally present bacteria. Whereas, antiperspirants stop the production of sweat. So, I usually use the deodorant right after the shower, or on a clean and dry underarm area.

It smells... uninteresting. I just don't like its smell. I hoped it'd smell of roses or something dreamier than this wet wipes smell. But I do understand that they had to be cautious while picking out a smell for the product since it's mainly targeted at sensitive skin.


I noticed that I needed to reapply frequently, but it's generally something expected of deodorants. Unlike antiperspirants that stay effective for much longer. It's a trade-off that I knew I had to accept when making the change from antiperspirants to deodorants. Another issue that's expected of most deodorants is that it keeps the underarms wet. I know, unflattering. One of the things that are urging me to go on a hunt for a good antiperspirant soon...



After using it for over 3 months, I'd say I haven't experienced any irritation or pigmentation so far. For me, it's a healthy way to keep smelling fresh when chilling at home or when I'm out for a brief time. If you're unsure if you should give it a try, I'd say go for it. It's generally a good product, but I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it. We'll have to wait and see...


Do you know any good deodorants that I should try next? Let me know in the comments below. Click here to follow this blog on Instagram and stay up-to-date with the latest posts. And for now, check out my recent post about how I treat acne here




Related Posts

0 comments

.