Balea Skin and Hair Care Beauty Haul ~ dm drugstore/ pharmacy | vegan, affordable & cruelty free

by - March 15, 2022

Balea Skin and Hair Care Beauty Haul ~ dm drugstore/ pharmacy | vegan, affordable & cruelty free

Hello everyone 

Today's post is a hearty beauty haul from no other than Balea. I am glad I have discovered this brand; you can hardly go wrong with an affordable, mostly vegan and cruelty-free brand that offers a wide range of beauty products—from hair to skin and body.


Two of my siblings currently live in Europe, so I was able to get my hands on a few products I chose on the dm pharmacy website. I just type "Balea" and all their products show up.


I am usually really specific about the beauty products I use, so I chose each product for a specific reason, which I will get into in this post.

Hair Care


I got this "Hair milk moisture" creamy hair product to moisturize my hair, especially in this cold weather. It has a rather thin consistency and it almost looks like actual milk. The product is part of their coconut-scented range and I absolutely love the scent! I will say, though, it does not smell as good as their "Oil repair intensive" hair range which I kept going on about in this post. The product is for dry and damaged hair (and my hair can get quite dry in the winter, not damaged though), silicone-free, and "skin compatibility dermatologically approved."

I usually use a generous amount of it on my damp, post-shower hair and leave it to soak in before I brush it. No complaints so far! I have, however, used it once on my hair when dry and I didn't like the results; it can be a bit sticky and reduce hair shine as a result.


Next, I got this 300-ml hair conditioner called "color shine." Honestly, I got it because I had already tried their other conditioner here and really liked it! My hair is not colored but that doesn't mean I can't use a conditioner for colored hair, right? I mean, I couldn't find any other conditioner available at that specific pharmacy, so I guess that will do it for now. It is also silicone-free, and it is cranberry-scented with provitamins B5 and B3. Given that the other conditioner I tried did not disappoint in terms of making my hair really soft and manageable and its great scent, I only have high hopes for this one.


Skin Care

I got this lip balm set called "Balea lip care sensitive duo pack." It is my first time trying a Balea lip balm, and I thought getting this set for sensitive skin was a good place to start. The lip balm is nothing crazy in terms of color or shine, but it smells great! At this point, are we even surprised? I think one of the things Balea do right is scent! I know that some people don't like scented skincare but I personally really enjoy a good scent; if I enjoy taking care of my skin and hair, I might as well enjoy a little scent while I do it.


The lip balm contains aloe vera as well as avocado and almond oil. It is "skin compatibility dermatologically approved" and without microplastics. I have yet to use it enough to give any feedback but it is simple yet nourishing. I am currently using another lip balm before bed, but this one is definitely next in line! And guess what? You can get this set on Amazon here.


If you have read my previous blog posts, then you know that I have been on a hunt for a good aluminum-free deodorant. So, you can imagine how excited I got when I saw this deodorant on the website...


I found a whole range of aluminum-free deodorants by Balea, but for starters, I got the "Deodorant Spray Perfume Deodorant Golden Moon" one. I am sure you're wondering about the fragrance but wait for it... They say on the website: "Golden Moon spoils you with the sensual fragrance of oriental flowers and fruits" and because I am an equally oriental and sensual girl, I got it! Honestly, I didn't read the description then, I only saw the aluminum-free label and the purple packaging, which I assumed would be hinting at a lavender scent, so I got it.


Is it really a Balea haul if it does not include one of their anti-aging creams? This time, I got the "Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream." I already have the night cream (which I talked about in this post), and I have been using it for months now every day, but I also got the morning one for a little skincare before going out in the sun. The consistency is definitely thinner than the night cream's, but they're both anti-aging. This one has "Q10" (anti-oxidant) and "omega complex" (fatty ingredient) in it which are anti-aging ingredients. Not to mention the SPF 15; I am here for an all-rounded cream any time! Get it on Amazon here.


Moving on to a set of winter skincare...


Yes, I got myself a tub of body lotion...
I couldn't resist a good tub of shea butter and argan oil to lather my body with after a hot shower in the winter. I don't know about you, but winter is not really my forte, so making it even a little bit better is a mission I am dedicated to. I honestly eyed the vanilla-scented one but it was not available so I got the next best thing. I may or may not get the vanilla one as soon as it resurfaces, though.


And last but certainly not least, I got my hands on the "Milking fat Marigold" which is a pomade, vaseline-like product, perfect for winter. What I like the most about this product is that it is infused with natural plant extracts like the marigold extract which, I've studied, helps with wound healing and reduces inflammation.


I am not big on pomades, personally, but my sister had some pesky dry skin issues and I was searching for something to help with. When I found a marigold pomade made for dry, cracked skin, I was immediately sold. I do use it, although not often, to protect my skin or when I have some superficial scratches on my skin. The best way to use such products is usually by moisturizing your skin with a cream/ body lotion first, preferably on damp skin, and then locking it all in with an occlusive like this one.


The product, surprisingly, isn't that greasy and it settles on the skin quickly compared to other greasy formulas out there. It does not smell as good as the other Balea products, but it doesn't smell bad either. I might go more in-depth about these products in separate review posts. If you'd like this, let me know below.

That's all for today's post, but we're not done yet! 
Get the calendula pomade on Amazon, and check out my review on it here.

See all my beauty reviews here
or see my previous beauty haul here

Stay up-to-date with all the new posts and videos by following this blog on Instagram


Take care & see you next time.






Related Posts

0 comments

.