Where to go in Cairo ~ Italian Restaurant with Friends | Reem

by - September 04, 2022

Where to go in Cairo ~ Italian Restaurant with Friends
Hi everyone!
Cairo girl is back with a new restaurant story...


I've already mentioned multiple times that pizza's currently my favorite food, but I didn't know that I'd be that specific and only like Italian pizza from then on. I went out to meet my friends one afternoon and the dreaded moment came, picking out somewhere to eat. We got too overwhelmed with options, so the best thing was to look for nearby restaurants on google maps. Luckily, Cairoma was nearby and I'd already been there (but that was too long ago), so I had some vague memory that I liked it.


We checked the menu and already could tell that it's more on the pricier side. The urge to have some good pizza and pasta was strong, though, so we headed there. The one I visited before was in Zamalek, but this one was near Dokki. They both have a similar outside dining area, narrow and Italian streets inspired. I reckon that Italian staff work there, but I am not sure.


Last time, I was seated outdoors, but this time I learned that there's a dining area inside too. I didn't know that hahha. I'm glad I did, though, because it's so well-decorated, air-conditioned, and much more spacious than the outdoor area, not to mention, well-lit. The décor is inspired by classic Italian (even Egyptian) icons, and many Italian flags were around. I liked the classic, picnic tablecloths too. Nothing but praise to say about the décor indoors. The outdoor area is well-decorated too, it's just a different vibe. Maybe it would feel better to be seated outside in the morning. I should try this next time.


The menus were really pretty with lots of great options! Only thing is, it's all in Italian (no biggie, right?). After lots of questions to a staff member, we got margarita, chicken, and pastrami pizzas, along with a dish of chicken penne pasta with white sauce. The pizzas were all one size (I'd say large enough), with the heavenly thin-crust Italian pizza. If you're not a fan of thin-crust pizzas, then you should probably opt out or you'll be disappointed, but I absolutely enjoyed the experience.


The margarita pizza was too greasy for my liking, but the chicken and pastrami ones were great! There are many types of pastramis, the type they used was balanced enough (not too salty) and that pizza was also topped with basil, so not too juicy/ greasy. The chicken pizza was balanced too, not too greasy, but almost no vegetables were used (if any at all). I'll probably order the pastrami one again on my next visit.


The pizza left me feeling light after eating, and I only tasted the pasta but I didn't have a go at it because I generally don't like white sauces. It was still a good dish for someone who doesn't like white sauce. Overall, it was a great experience with lots of pictures to take and a fun atmosphere to have a good chat (the music could use some turning down though). Only issue, apart from the high prices and Italian menus, was the plastic cups that came with the water order.


Have you ever been to Cairoma? I would definitely visit again!

Click the link to find out what I did in Zamalek/ Cairo,

or go on my virtual tour of Cairo/ Egypt. Prefer Italian restaurants? Click the link for my trip to another Italian restaurant in Cairo.

There are always more places to visit in the busy city, Cairo.

Stay updated by following this blog's Instagram here.

That's all for today's post.

Have a good one!



Related Posts

0 comments

.