Tik Tok Beauty Trends Tried & Tested ~ Trendy Beauty Products The Internet Made Me Buy!

by - November 07, 2022

Tik Tok Beauty Trends Tried & Tested ~ Trendy Beauty Products The Internet Made Me Buy!
Hello everyone!


I don't know about you but for the past couple of months, I've been on the internet more than I should. As this is not the case anymore, I've had some time to reflect and figured that yes, the internet does influence us to buy more things than we usually do. This isn't necessarily bad; sometimes I have some issue going on and then I come across the solution online and order a thing or two that most often end up lessening the issue a little bit. The following list includes these things—items the internet made me buy. And for your convenience, I'll save you some time and money by telling you exactly my experience with them, then you can decide whether you'd like to get any of them. You're welcome!


The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toning Solution

At this point, I'm sure that everyone that uses any social media platform has seen the Ordinary's glycolic acid toner, along with elaborate explanations on how to use it. Like the next person, I was tempted, especially given that I have acne-prone skin that tends to get oily in the summer. So, I got myself a bottle and started to use it after cleansing every morning. Honestly, it's a good addition to my anti-acne skincare routine as an exfoliating product. I noticed that my skin is not as oily and generally, I feel better using a toner after a cleanser to balance my skin. The toner has many constituents aside from the main one, glycolic acid. I saw that it can be used for brightening too but it's too early to judge. I have only been using it for about a month. I use it on the underarms sometimes and my knees too, but I haven't noticed anything groundbreaking. Someone said you can use it as a deodorant but in my experience, it doesn't work at all, especially in the summer.


Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food Mask

Have you seen Garnier's hair food hair mask range? I have seen it a couple of times online but nowhere as frequently as I see the Ordinary's toner! As someone looking to moisturize their hair and keep it as soft as possible, I jumped on the bandwagon as soon as I could. I was tempted by the 98% natural label on the container and got the banana hair food version. In all honesty, I'd rather get the papaya or macadamia one; these have been all the rage lately. However, I could only find the banana mask available so I got it. It is by far the best hair mask I've ever used though, and I have used a few. It leaves the hair noticeably soft but if you'd like to get it, make sure you like the scent. I personally find the banana scent too overpowering for a hair mask.


Curly Hair Detangling Brush

Once you see one hair-related reel, you can't get out of the web of hair content that will keep showing up everywhere. I made this mistake as I was looking for creative hairstyles, and found this "curly hair brush." I generally can't get my hair to be perfectly curly, but as a wavy hair gal, I thought I should give it a go. I am currently using it to detangle my hair in the shower and find it better than a regular comb that can tug at your hair and cause a lot of breakage. This brush, on the other hand, leaves some room for tangles between each stroke, which means taking more time to detangle your hair but also helps you slow down if you tend to be rough when detangling your hair. I'm not sure if this is actually true; it has just been my experience. I haven't found it helpful for styling—it's too big for me. Be careful though, it can be painful if you're not gentle on your scalp while brushing; the bristles are rough. But unlike many brush bristles, these ones don't have the plastic ball tip and so don't tug on the hair and break it. I also find it easy to clean. However, if you're traveling, you might want to leave it behind or dedicate a large space in your bag for it. Want to give it a go? Get a pack of two on Amazon here.


Scalp Massager

Nothing beats a good scalp massage. This is why I immediately got this scalp massager and use it when I have some extra time in the shower or my scalp needs extra attention. I use it to evenly distribute shampoo on my scalp and boost circulation for extra hair growth. It always leaves my scalp exceptionally clean and helps me scrub it better than when I only use my fingers, especially when I have long nails. However, it can create extra tangles if you use it in circular motions and have long hair. I also would like to get the pointier one with longer bristles, as it can penetrate deeper.


Over-sized Scrunchie

Scrunchies are generally a wavy/curly-haired girl's best friend. And the bigger the better. Since scrunchies have been on trend for quite a while, this huge, obnoxious pink scrunchie looked too good to me. I find huge ones like this easier for putting my hair in a ponytail without much styling and still looking cute.



Jade Rollers

About a month ago, even if I tried to avoid jade rollers and gua shas, I wouldn't have been able to. Everyone seems to have a jade roller and does face massages every day! But after some introspection, I figured a jade roller would be a relaxing addition to my self-care routine, but a gua sha wouldn't be suitable for my skin, as I sometimes get pimples and couldn't imagine tugging on them with a gua sha. After using my crystal jade roller for a while, I found that it's best used for depuffing the skin in the morning, especially if kept in the fridge overnight. I also like to use the smaller side to depuff my eye area and massage it. So, overall, I like having it. However, you can forget to use it, and keeping it clean can be a hassle, especially if you store it in the fridge. Now, I keep it on my desk or nightstand to make sure it's within arm's reach and remember to use it.


Lip Mask

Being on the lookout for a way to keep my lips moisturized and soft as long as possible, a lip mask sounded good to me. The lip mask I've been seeing the most is the Laneige overnight lip mask; however, I got this Janssen Cosmetics lip mask that also comes with its own applicator and cute container. I use it before bed and find that it heals the chaps in my lips, but does not necessarily make them soft and supple.  But following up with a lip balm in the morning makes sure my lips stay soft and lipstick-ready throughout the day.


Rosemary Hair Spray

Who hasn't seen this floating around on every social media platform—from Instagram to Pinterest? Already having long hair, I ignored it at first until I finally gave in. I got a spray bottle and filled it with rosemary infusion and would sometimes add peppermint for refreshment. I keep it in the fridge and spray it when I remember around my hairline for extra baby hair growth. I think it's working, but I haven't seen any crazy results. Mind you, I use it sporadically. Watch my "night routine" to see how I made it, or get a ready-made one here.



Lip Gloss

Has anybody noticed that overt, super shiny lip glosses are coming back? I honestly like this trend, anything to stay away from dehydrating matte lipsticks! So I got myself a cute bottle of thick lip gloss to keep my lips moisturized and use it over any lipstick. I currently use this essence lip gloss; it's affordable and stays on for longer than other lip glosses I've tried.



Vaseline Intensive Care Cacoa Radiant Lotion

I have seen this one around the internet in general; this was around the time I was looking for a classic body lotion to keep in my bathroom for some easy after-shower care, so I got it when I finally found it in the supermarket. It has a non-greasy formula and a nice smell. The smell doesn't stay on for long, though. It's really nothing too special, I wouldn't go out of my way to specifically get this body lotion. However, it's nice, and I may repurchase it when I run out. If you'd like to try it, get a bottle here.

Last but not least, some non-beauty items...

Matcha

Matcha had been on my radar for quite a while, but it wasn't until recently that I finally added it to my everyday life. This summer, I even shared my iced matcha latte recipe on my blog, and I don't see myself going back any time soon. Get a pack here!

Metal Straws

I generally don't go for straws, but this summer, heat waves had been unbearable and prompted elaborate iced coffees and even got me into flavored water with ice—anything to ease the heat. Having sensitive teeth, the best way to tolerate iced drinks is to use a straw; since I've been making more drinks at home, I figured a pack of metal straws would be handy. Since then, they've become an everyday staple. However, I also need to get a straw-cleaning brush to make sure they're thoroughly cleaned; I honestly should have got a pack that already comes with a brush like this one. I like that they are reusable and much better for the environment than plastic ones.


Have you tried any of the things on this list? If so, what was your experience? Let me know in a comment below or by tagging this blog on Instagram.

See all my beauty reviews.
Check out my drugstore beauty haul.
or my Primark haul here.




Related Posts

1 comments

  1. It instantly adds glow to my skin. It also promises to reduce any sort of unevenness or pigmentation on the skin. Using it for a month or two, now I can feel my marks have diminished and my skin feels more radiant. Even if it's expensive, a little goes a long way because one pump is sufficient for the entire face.
    janssen intensive face scrub price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

.