Maybelline New York Lifter Gloss Review and Swatches ~ Moon 003 Shade

by - June 11, 2023

Maybelline New York Lifter Gloss Review and Swatches ~ Moon 003 shade
Hi everyone ♡
Today's review is on the new Maybelline New York Lifter Gloss. I was intrigued to try it because of the social media hype around it, so let's see if it's worth this hype. I tried the shade "Lifter Gloss Moon 003" because of its simple color that can be layered on top of any lipstick, but I ended up using it on its own as a simple, everyday shade instead.


My first impression was that the tube is unnecessarily bulky. However, I like the minimal, futuristic vibe that reminds me of something Kim Kardashian would produce. However, it is not very practical especially if you carry small handbags. What drew me to get this particular lip gloss, apart from the social media hype, was its glitter-filled, thick formula. I was already looking for a classic glittery lip gloss with a hydrating effect, and this one promised both with its hyaluronic acid-enriched formula. Hyaluronic acid is known to be a hydrating ingredient, which should keep the lips soft and supple.


The gloss did meet my expectations of hydration and provided, well, a glossy appearance to the lips. The formula is thick, though, which is not preferred by some. It does get sticky and my hair would get caught up in it sometimes. However, I'll take this over a thin, runny lip gloss any day.


The color is highly dependent on your natural lip color and, if you do wear lipstick underneath, the shade of your lipstick. This is because the lip gloss is translucent to an extent, so if you see it looking a certain way on someone else or in lip swatches, know that it may look entirely different on you.

Maybelline New York's website offers so much more information on the product in terms of ingredients, price, and shades. You can also see for yourself how the shade looks on the lips and even try it out virtually using their interactive website features. For now, you can have a look at the available shades here:



Although it doesn't last long and needs frequent reapplication, it doesn't transfer or turn messy after a while, which I'm sure is attributed to its thicker consistency. I'm not sure if the entire line smells the same, but this particular shade (Lifter Gloss Moon 003) smells sweet and sugary, to my delight.


From what I found online, "Maybelline is not cruelty-free. The beauty giant is owned by L'Oreal, a company that doesn't conduct animal testing unless authorities require it." I got it in Germany, though, which, to my understanding, doesn't allow animal testing: "Animal experiments are prohibited in Germany for care and decorative cosmetics. Cosmetics have not been allowed to be tested on animals here since 2004." However, for this particular reason, I don't think it's worth the hype, especially since I'm sure you can find multiple dupes that serve the same purpose without animal testing. I also don't think it's reasonably priced ($9.99).


As a recap, I combined all my personal takes in lists here. But know that this is my own experience and you may have a completely different opinion on the product, so let me know what you think in a comment below.


What I liked:

  • The thick, glitter-filled formula, which reminded me of the classic lip gloss.

  • Doesn't smear as much as other lip products and stays put.

  • The sweet, sugary smell.

  • The minimal aesthetic and pastel pink applicator head.

  • The hydration hyaluronic acid offers.

  • The ease of application.

  • The simple, versatile color that can be layered to give a glossy finish to any lipstick or even be worn on its own (Moon 003).

What can be improved:

  • Even though it stays put on the lips, the gloss doesn't stay for longer than 2 hours (without eating or drinking).

  • The bulky tube makes it take more space than required.

  • The price and possible animal testing.

Here is what Moon 003 looks like on different lip colors and skin tones:




Stay connected and up-to-date with the latest beauty and lifestyle trends by following this blog on Instagram and YouTube.


Check out my other posts:






Related Posts

1 comments

  1. Maybelline New York's Lifter Gloss in Moon 003 shade effortlessly enhances your lips with a luminous touch, delivering a glossy finish that not only plumps but also captivates with its versatile and flattering hues. Swipe on for an instant lift and a dose of irresistible shine.
    please keep me updated..
    Email:- support@ladybugs.live
    Website:- https://ladybugs.live/






    ReplyDelete

.