Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream Review

by - October 28, 2023

Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream Review
Hi everyone! ✨
I'm back with another hair product that I've been trying out for a while now—over 4 weeks. As someone with wavy hair that gets drier than usual in the summer, I'm always on the lookout for deeply moisturizing products. A while back, I stopped using oil-replacement leave-in creams because of the fluffy, stretchy state they often left my hair in. Fast forward to now, I've been using Pantene Pro-V's Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream every time I wash my hair as a leave-in moisturizer.


What Pantene say about their product

Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream is a lightweight leave-in conditioner that helps to control frizz, smooth hair, and add shine. It is formulated with a blend of vitamins and Pro-V nutrients, and it is designed to be used on all hair types, including dry, damaged, and color-treated hair.

The cream is easy to apply, and it absorbs quickly into the hair without leaving it feeling greasy or weighed down. It can be used on wet or dry hair, and it can be used as a stand-alone product or in conjunction with other Pantene Pro-V products.


Benefits of Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream:

Controls frizz - Smooths hair - Adds shine - Lightweight and non-greasy- Absorbs quickly - Can be used on all hair types

How to use


Apply a small amount of cream to damp or dry hair, focusing on the ends.

Comb or brush through hair to distribute evenly.

Style as usual.


Ingredients

Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Parfum, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Riboflavin, Biotin, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, BHT.


Overall, Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave in Cream is a good choice for people who are looking for a lightweight leave-in conditioner that can help to control frizz, smooth hair, and add shine.



How I use it

After I wash my hair, I section my hair into two sections and apply the product to my hair while damp, focusing on the ends. I then braid my hair to lock the moisture. When completely dry, I undo my braids and may keep my hair this way or use some oil.

What I think about it

Positives

The product smells of the signature Pantene scent that, on its own, is a major selling point; it makes your hair smell clean and fresh regardless of its actual state. You can also smell it even days after application.

The formula is lightweight and doesn't weigh down the hair at all. My hair feels light and smooth after using it.


The product does reduce frizz, but I only use it on damp hair; I find that it's hard to spread on dry hair, so it's not as effective. However, if you'd like a product to tame your fly-aways, you can try this one; apply a small amount to your fly-aways when dry and they'll become smoother and stop sticking out as much.


The product moisturizes my hair and doesn't affect the wave pattern as much as other thicker products that tend to make it curlier. My hair also feels smooth and bouncy after it dries.


Negatives

As I already mentioned, the product doesn't work as well on my wavy hair when dry, but that might just be due to my hair type.


It can tame frizz when used on dry hair but it's not as easy to spread and leaves the hair feeling fluffy and over-moisturized.


Even when used on wet/damp hair, the product can build up and cause your hair to be overly stretchy and mushy if used in large amounts. I find that when I use it frequently to refresh my waves, it builds up and creates unwanted texture.


Now whether applying vitamins to the hair shaft is helpful is an argument for another day--one that I won't be defending. If you want better hair health, I advise you to take those vitamins internally, or at least apply them to the scalp, but definitely not to the hair shaft. I'm not sure if there's enough research backing this product; however, if it does the job of making your hair smooth and silky without damaging it, then I think we shouldn't worry too much about such intricacies.


In a nutshell, I figured it's best to use it in moderation, otherwise, it'll build up and change your hair texture to a fluffy, stretchy one. Generally, it's a nice moisturizing product that's not too strong, so if you have super dry hair, I'd try something else. However, using a little bit on damp hair can give you shiny, bouncy, and fragrant hair for days.

Have you tried this product? Let me know in a comment below.

Before you leave, follow this blog on Instagram to receive up-to-date beauty reviews and lifestyle content.


Have you read my other posts?





Related Posts

1 comments


  1. Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Smooth & Silky + Vitamins Leave-in Cream is a haircare essential, seamlessly blending nourishing vitamins with a lightweight formula for effortlessly smooth and radiant hair all day.
    please keep me updated..
    Email:- support@ladybugs.live
    Website:- https://ladybugs.live/

    ReplyDelete

.