Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Oil-Free Face Moisturiser with Hyaluronic acid | Review

by - October 21, 2021

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Oil-Free Face Moisturiser with Hyaluronic acid | Review
Hello everyone 
Welcome back to another review...
Today's review is on this rather interesting gel moisturiser by Neutrogena.
Find the product on Amazon here.


As someone with combination, acne-prone skin that tends to get more oily in the summertime, I am always on a hunt for the next oil-free moisturiser to use daily without worrying about my skin being greasy or my acne coming back. Studying different formulations in pharmacy school has been really helpful when it comes to picking the right formula for my skin type. As a general rule, oil-free gel moisturiser are one of the best formulations for oily to combination skin. Even though I was reluctant to change my set routine, knowing that it is oil-free really encouraged me to give it a go. So I washed my face like I normally would, and started applying it to my face.


The first thing I noticed right away was how cooling it was. It immediately gives a refreshing, cool feeling to the skin; which I imagine can be so helpful on a hot summer day. The product has this shiny, translucent appearance with a creamy gel base, not a clumpy textbook gel, so it is so easy to apply and spread all over your skin. I noticed that it dries down pretty quickly, so I needed to be quick when applying it to my face.


Since I use an acne-targetting soap bar as a cleanser, it can be quite stripping especially around my mouth. To be frank, I doubted that such a light moisturiser would suffice after using quite a stripping acne-treatment product, but I was wrong. It gave me just the right amount of moisture while, simultaneously, leaving my face shine-free. And because it has Hyaluronic acid, I think it's best to use it on damp skin; the formula is water-based, so it's okay to do so.


I imagine it can be an amazing product to use before makeup or before going out; just to keep the shine at bay longer than usual. I also think it's a great product for people with oily skin specifically. As for me, I'll probably use it when I am particularly worried about my skin being shiny throughout the day. On other days, I'll just stick to my anti-ageing moisturiser to use around my mouth and eyes; this is a part of my current anti-acne skincare routine, which you can read all about here.


As a pharmacist who has studied formulations and cosmetics in depth, I think this is such a genius moisturiser and I really like the formula. Have you ever tried this product? Let me know what you think in a comment below.

Click here to follow this blog on Instagram and stay up-to-date with the latest posts.
And before you go, why don't give the following posts a read too?

Pharmacy/ drugstore beauty haul and review here

Balea hair mask review here

Labello lip balm review here



Related Posts

1 comments

  1. Experience a hydration boost like never before with Neutrogena's Hydro Boost Water Gel, an oil-free face moisturizer enriched with Hyaluronic Acid for a refreshing and radiant skin transformation.
    please keep me updated..
    Email:- support@ladybugs.live
    Website:- https://ladybugs.live/

    ReplyDelete

.